- Course fees: the total cost for your course will be $475.00.
- Accommodation Costs: The cost of the Hostel is $395.00, this includes breakfast and dinner, but lunch is NOT provided. The cost to be billeted with a local family is $85.00 and billet families are asked to provide daily breakfast as well as dinner on the first Sat and Tue nights.
- Meals: The HNHS canteen is open for lunch, morning and afternoon tea during NYDS and offers healthy options at a reasonable cost. Local and billetted students who have a distance to travel each day, may also need extra money to purchase evening meals. Havelock North village is a 10-15 minute walk from HNHS down an main thoroughfare and offers several takeaway options as well as supermarket with deli.
- Tee-Shirts: The official school tee-shirt ($32.00) will be available for sale from the school office. Order at School.
- Photographs: Whole of School Photo - large only $10.00; Individual Class Photos - small only $2.00. Order at School.
- DVDs: Sharings of Work with Edited Class Highlights - $45.00 incl. postage. Order at School.
- Medical Costs: Any minor incidents will be dealt with on Campus. The cost of any doctor's visit, or aditional medical costs, will be met by the student.
- Evening Events: Students are required to attend several official evening performances / classes, these are compulsory and are included in the course costs.
- Pocket money: This is left to your discretion, it is recommended that students carry an EFTPOS card in preference to large amounts of cash. EFTPOS facilities (debit but NOT credit card) are available at the school to pay for merchandise. We will not issue case, but there is an ATM nearby.
How to get Funding
Scholarships for financial assistance range from $50.00 - $375.00. Please visit the Scholarships page for more information.
Your school may also be able to offer financial assistance in the form of scholarships or STAR funding. Check with a teacher or careers counsellor.